Machining technology has come a long way since the 1970’s. In order to meet the global demands of our industry, we must stay on the cutting edge of technology. CMI invests and partners with a core group of advanced technology solution suppliers to maintain industry leadership in the capabilities below.
Due to the complexity and critical nature of manufactured products within the aerospace and defense industry, there is no room for manufacturing error as the slightest miscalculation can have devastating consequences for the platform mission. As such, precise and tight tolerance machining techniques are required to ensure that each solution meets or exceeds stringent customer and program specifications.
With many decades of experience, CMI has grown into one of the leading providers of high-quality, high-complexity precision machining services for the aerospace and defense industry. Our experienced team leverages a world-class manufacturing operation to deliver products of any production quantity ranging from low-volume prototypes and development programs to high-volume production runs.
- 6 – 4-axis Horizontal Machine Centers
- 9 – 5-axis Machine Centers with Palletech
- 10 – 9-axis Mill Turn Centers with Gantry Robot Loader
- Turning: 30 CNC Lathes
- Milling: 35 CNC Mill Machine Centers
- Swiss Machining: 16 Swiss Lathes 7X
- Grinding (OD, ID & Centerless): 5 CNC Grinders and 9 Manual Grinders
- Honing: 2 CNC Sunnen Hones and 4 Manual Hones
- EDM: 3 Wire EDMs
- Metal Cutting: 4 CNC Saws
- Deburring: 3 Automated Centrifugal Tumblers along with 20 Deburr Stations
- Automated Inspection: 7 DCC CMMs, 5 Vision Systems
- 13 – Gear Grinders, Shapers, Hobs, Broaches
- 2 – 660mm Mitsubishi CNC shapers
- 2 – 500mm Lorenz Shapers
- 2 – 200mm Koepfer Hobs
- 1 – 400mm Mitsubishi GD30 Hob
- 5 – 48” x 10 ton Pioneer Broaches
- 1 – 500mm Kapp Niles Gear Grinder
CNC machining and turning of aerospace specific materials is a must for customers who design and purchase parts at the leading edge of performance. CMI has developed extensive experience and deep expertise working with a variety of exotic alloys and unique materials by completing aerospace projects for high performance applications and maintaining an on-staff engineering team. You can trust the CMI team with unique applications that require expert handling of difficult to manufacture materials.